Why Choose Emerald City FC?
Please read the following club document, written by ECFC Director of Coaching John Hamel and Technical Director David Smith, to learn why Emerald City FC is the best choice for your son or daughter.
2018-2019 Emerald City FC Tryouts
Our 2018-2019 tryouts begin in February for High School age boys and April-May for all other age groups. Information about the April-May tryouts can be found below. A few important notes:
- You must register your player for tryouts prior to attending. There is a $10 fee for new players.
- Players must tryout in their birthyear age group to start.
- Remember to bring your shin guards, cleats, and water to the field. Dress appropriately for the weather. The coaches will have pinnies at the field for you to wear.
- Dates, times and field locations are subject to change, so please check back here prior to tryouts.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tryouts to check-in.
- If you have more questions, please read this document "What to Expect at Emerald City FC Tryouts."
High School Boys tryouts are earlier in the year so that team formations are prior to the Spring HS season. Tryouts will be Monday and Tuesday, February 12 and February 13, 2018. HS ages are birth year 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003. Click here to learn more and register!
U11 to U15 Boys and Girls Tryouts (Week of April 30)
Tryouts for our U11 to U15 boys and girls teams will begin the week of April 30, 2018. Check back here for further details which will be posted when finalized.
This is for birth years 2004-2008.
High School Girls Tryouts (May 2018 TBD)
Tryouts for our high school age girls teams will be in early to mid May 2018. Check back here for details which will be posted when finalized.
For U11-U18 players: Please make sure at least one parent of the player attends the team formation meeting, as important team, club and player information is handed out at this time. Players are also expected to attend. You can pay your club fee at the meeing for a discount on the fee; bring a check book if you would like to do this.
Click here for the time and location of the team formation meetings
If you and your player are unable to attend the Team Formation meeting please contact your ECFC team coach.
Youth Development Program (U08 to U10)
Go to this page to learn more about our development program for our youngest players. At the developmental ages, ECFC has a no-cut policy and is focused on building skills. There is a full-year program, or three shorter seasons. The full-year program includes all three ECFC Dev seasons: the Mid-May/June Training season, Fall season, and Spring season. Register here and learn more about the program here.