Why Choose Emerald City FC?
Please read the following club document, written by ECFC Director of Coaching John Hamel and Technical Director David Smith, to learn why Emerald City FC is the best choice for your son or daughter.
2019-2020 Emerald City FC Tryouts
Our 2019-2020 tryouts begin in February for High School age boys and April-May for all other age groups. Information about the April-May tryouts can be found below. A few important notes:
- You must register your player for tryouts prior to attending. There is a $10 fee for new players.
- Players must tryout in their birthyear age group to start.
- Remember to bring your shin guards, cleats, and water to the field. Dress appropriately for the weather. The coaches will have pinnies at the field for you to wear.
- Dates, times and field locations are subject to change, so please check back here prior to tryouts.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tryouts to check-in.
- If you have more questions, please read this document "What to Expect at Emerald City FC Tryouts."
High School Boys Tryouts (Feb/Mar)
Tryouts for our high school age boys teams were scheduled for February 11-12, 2019, but have been rescheduled and there will be several opportunities to participate. Please read this document ECFC HS Boys Tryout Update 2019 for a full update. This is for birth years 2001-2004. You must register to attend.
Here are the locations/times for the March 3rd Tryout:
Sunday, March 3rd, 2019
- 2004 Birth Year – Genesee Park Upper: 5:00 - 6:30pm
- 2003 Birth Year – Genesee Park Lower: 5:00 - 6:30pm
- 2001 and 2002 Birth Years – Genesee Park: 6:30 – 8:00pm
Address: 4316 S Genesee St., Seattle, WA 98118
U11 to U15 Boys and Girls Tryouts
Tryouts for our U11 to U15 boys and girls teams happen at the end of April and beginning of May each year. In 2019 this is for birth years 2005-2009. Details will be coming later so please check back again as April approaches.
If you would like to pre-register, you can click the button below and we will update you on the dates/times/locations:
High School Girls Tryouts (May TBD, 2019)
Tryouts for our high school age girls teams will be in May, 2019. This is for birth years 2001-2004. You must register below, and try to attend both days.
- Coming Soon
SCHEDULE (2001 to 2004):
You should try to attend both tryouts.
- (1st Tryout) TBD
- (2nd Tryout) TBD
For U11-U18 players: Please make sure at least one parent of the player attends the team formation meeting, as important team, club and player information is handed out at this time. Players are also expected to attend. You can pay your club fee at the meeing for a discount on the fee; bring a check book if you would like to do this.
Click here for the time and location of the team formation meetings
If you and your player are unable to attend the Team Formation meeting please contact your ECFC team coach.
Youth Development Program (U08 to U10)
Go to this page to learn more about our development program for our youngest players. At the developmental ages, ECFC has a no-cut policy and is focused on building skills. There is a full-year program, or three shorter seasons. The full-year program includes all three ECFC Dev seasons: the Mid-May/June Training season, Fall season, and Spring season. Register here and learn more about the program here.