Why Choose Emerald City FC?
Please read the following club document, written by ECFC Director of Coaching John Hamel and Technical Director David Smith, to learn why Emerald City FC is the best choice for your son or daughter.
Our 2017-2018 tryouts begin in February for High School age boys and April-May for all other age groups. Information about the April-May tryouts can be found below. A few important notes:
- You must register your player for tryouts prior to attending. There is a $10 fee for new players.
- Players must tryout in their birthyear age group to start.
- Remember to bring your shin guards, cleats, and water to the field. Dress appropriately for the weather. The coaches will have pinnies at the field for you to wear.
- Dates, times and field locations are subject to change, so please check back here prior to tryouts.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tryouts to check-in.
- If you have more questions, please read this document "What to Expect at Emerald City FC Tryouts."
2018 High School Boys Tryouts (Feb 2018)
High School Boys tryouts are earlier in the year so that team formations are prior to the Spring HS season. Tryouts will be the week of February 12, 2018. Exact times/locations are TBD.
High School ages are: Birth Year 2003, 2002, 2001, and 2000.
For U11-U18 players: Please make sure at least one parent of the player attends the team formation meeting, as important team, club and player information is handed out at this time. Players are also expected to attend. You can pay your club fee at the meeing for a discount on the fee; bring a check book if you would like to do this.
Click here for the time and location of the team formation meetings
If you and your player are unable to attend the Team Formation meeting please contact your ECFC team coach.
Go to this page to learn more about our development program for our youngest players, and to register for the upcoming May/June session. Training begins May 15th and runs through June 21, 2017, Monday and Wednesday evenings from approximately 5:30 to 7 pm. Field TBD and there will be an end of season Jamboree.
The Full-Year Development Program is also open for registration. The full-year program includes all three ECFC Dev seasons: the Mid-May/June Training season, Fall season, and Spring season. Register here and learn more about the program here.
At the developmental ages, ECFC has a no-cut policy.