Emerald City FC (ECFC) plays in the Puget Sound Premier League (PSPL), which is an independent league sanctioned by US Club Soccer. US Club Soccer is an affiliate member of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF). USSF or US Soccer is a member body of the worldwide soccer body FIFA. FIFA is a member of the International Football Association Board (IFAB), which was formed in 2014. The mission of The IFAB is to serve the world of football as the independent guardian of the Laws of the Game.
To summarize, ECFC is governed under these soccer entities:
- IFAB > FIFA > USSF > US Club > PSPL > ECFC
New IFAB/FIFA Rules - March 2019
In March 2019, IFAB (of which FIFA is a part) announced new rules for the 2019-2019 season. You can find a summary of the rule changes here.
Some of the key changes include:
- the introduction of yellow and red cards for misconduct by team officials
- a player being substituted having to leave the field of play at the nearest point on the boundary line
- at a goal kick and a free kick for the defending team in their own penalty area, the ball is in play once it is kicked, i.e. it does not have to leave the penalty area
- clearer wording for ‘handball’
- attacking team players must be at least 1m away from a ‘defensive wall’
- the goalkeeper only has to have one foot on the goal line at a penalty kick
- a new dropped ball procedure